Secret of the Silk Road camp was built to reflect the design of Uguudei king’s palace Tumen Amgalant Ordon from 1236. The palace was described as the most luxurious and outstanding architectural site of the time. The image of the original palace remains on the 10,000 tugriks note today.
The “Secret of the Silk Road” tourist camp is located in the Kharkhorin soum, Uvurkhangai province, 3 km south east of Erdene Zuu Monastery which is the oldest Buddhist monastery in Mongolia and 430km drive on paved road from Ulaanbaatar.
- 40 en-suite deluxe gers
- 10 en-suite deluxe rooms with a comfortable and luxurious wooden environment
- 15 standard gers?share=copy
- The main restaurant has a capacity to serve up to 200 people at once with both Mongolian and European meals in our restaurant with remarkable architecture.
- The main square has a capacity of 500 people for weddings and receptions
- The coffee shop has a capacity to serve up to 50 people at once
Services and facilities:
- Historical museum
- Traditional mask-dance performance
- Conference room
- Art shop for handicrafts
- Sauna and massage
- Laundry and ironing service
- Horse and Camel riding
- Coffee shop
- Open terrace
- A bar
- A tour to visit herder families and get acquainted with their customs and traditions
- A class on Mongolian national food and dairy processing
- A class on folk songs and dances, wear national costumes and take photos
- Bicycle rent
- Horse riding
Distinction and advantage
- A talented team who are passionate about tourism and hospitality
- Close to local antiques and handicrafts trade, shops and museums.
- Every piece of the building’s construction and development incorporates history, symbolism and tradition
- Due to its proximity to Kharkhorin soum, it is possible for the visitors to visit the beautiful natural scenery, historical places on foot or via horse or car or bicycle
- The 2nd floor of the complex has an open terrace suitable for guests to relax in the sun
- All mobile phone operators’ network works
Telephone: +976 70000450, +976 99096841, +976 99046841